An intensely herbal paste that adds fresh, spicy notes to grilled vegetables, chicken and lamb. Zhoug is a bold, herbal spice paste with coriander, cloves, parsley and a kick of green chilli. Zhoug became huge in Israel in the early 1950s, in the aftermath of “Operation on Wings of Eagles,” where 50,000 Yemenites were airlifted away from political persecution. They shared their cooking skills and fresh approach; now Zhoug is the most popular hot sauce in Israel.
• Use it anywhere you want a spicy freshness.
• Toss through roast potatoes.
• Mix with yoghurt as a dressing or dip.
• Spread on roast cauliflower and serve with hummus.
• Brush onto roasted lamb or aubergines.
• Dress a beetroot and goats cheese salad.
• Use towards the end of cooking to maintain the fresh flavour
Great Taste Awards - 1 Star, 2016
Keep in a cool dry place. Once opened keep refrigerated for up to 4 weeks. Best Before: See lid.
Once opened keep refrigerated for up to 4 weeks. Best Before: See lid.
See Ingredients in bold.
Delivery & Collection
We will be out delivering to BT1 - BT18, BT27 & BT37 completely free and zero contact.
There is a minimum order of £20 for delivery.
Collections available Mon-Sun from FV Food Store South, 343b Lisburn rd, BT97EP.
Collections available Mon-Sat from FV Food Store East, 32 Montgomery Rd, BT6 9HL.
There is no minimum order for collection. All collections must be paid in full.
WE ARE OPEN FOR WALK-INS at both these locations throughout any lockdown.